Well here goes nothing, or rather something. . .
I just recently turned 25 yesterday, T W E N T Y freaking F I V E !!!! At the moment, I do feel that my thoughts are rather all over the place (then again what else is new, L O L). I still can't believe that I have made it this far in life, not to sound morbid or anything. I guess I have been more or less realistic and not really expected myself to live long (as every day is DEFINITELY NOT guaranteed). It still surprises me of how much I've changed and has changed within the last 2 1/2 decades-long especially when I was younger since I never ever would've expected my life to be the way it is now. I am so humbled, grateful, blessed, and fortunate enough to have gone through the experiences that I went through to get to this point. Being bullied for being myself, having gone through the process of coming out to my family and to the world and being filled with so much hatred & bitterness in my heart in the process. Although now it feels very foreign as it has been ages ago, these scars will forever be embedded in my DNA as I will continue to strive to not just live but be alive and to always give love even when it is the hardest thing to do. On that note, I feel that it is only fitting that I share my top 25 thoughts/insights marking my 25th birthday (not in any order of importance):
- Always listen to your gut intuition; it'll never steer you wrong
- When in doubt, take (at least) 3 big & long inhalations
- FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
- Do not (or rather try not to) procrastinate - it'll just give you an anxiety attack
- Never let anyone make you feel inferior
- CRYING is good for the soul...
- Always let your loved one know how much they mean to you and to always "hug it out" (got this from Danny Tanner in Full House)
- If you like someone, just muster up the courage and let them know rather than create your misery by hiding it. If it doesn't work out then so be it, it wasn't meant to be and you can definitely go to sleep peacefully at night.
- AVOID DATING APPS - Although I've had met some of the sweetest people and had awesome dates... I will simply leave it at that.
- BE your UNAPOLOGETICALLY SELF! #alwaysandforever
- Never replace shampoo as your soap unless if you want to constantly be hairy...
- During our social media era, remember that it is never about the amounts of like that you receive but rather the heart of your content.
- The art/practice of seeing and being seen (this always has me mindF'D)
- All of us have our different sets of privileges (whether it is biological, cultural and etc) that we have. It is our innate right to use them for the greater good.
- THE ART OF MINDFULNESS.
- Making love will always be > sex
- ALWAYS LOVE YOU & YOURSELF. Please #alwaysandforever <3
- As hard as this is, always choose forgiveness rather than hatred and bitterness
- SMILE; it's free and it won't cause you a thing but will instead give you much more in return.
- EMBRACE CHANGE and YOUR RESISTANCE; a lot of times your resistance is very much the sign you need in order to move forward in life.
- Invest in Epsom salt - you'll thank me later ;)
- Be a person of compassion, humility, and dignity. At times you may feel alone but at least you'll have the good karma on your side all the time.
- Strive to always be the version of YOU and one else.
- Live a minimalist lifestyle.
- Being a hopeless romantic and a homebody rocks!
Wow... writing this list really forced me to dig within myself. Even though there was so much more I could've added, I know that I have the rest of my lifetime to add to the list. For now, I shall continue on living my life in my OWN way. I hope that this list has inspired you to think about your insights and blessings.
Ciao for now,